Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Rearguard is All Caught Up Online

The paper has gone through a world of changes this past year including a new editor and a big staff turnover, but apparently that happens every year in small alt-monthlys. Through these changes, the online edition has suffered. We've been understaffed and haven't been able to post much of our content online since April. This sucks because we actually have quite a large online readership due to our small print circulation.

I'm happy to say that we are slowly moving our content back online. Some articles I wrote are now on the website, but I wanted to direct some of you to an article I wrote back in April that I've been asked about frequently.

The article is titled, "A Christian Response to Pat Robertson." In it, I deal with the problems and theological implications of Robertson's comments on the earthquake that struck Haiti. I pitched this story and didn't think much would happen to it, but it was cool to see the paper get behind it and publish it. I don't normally get a whole lot of response for the printed stuff, but I got some good emails about this one. Now that it is online, I'd like to share it with you all.

I know when I told some of you about it and posted about it on Facebook many of you wanted to read it. Well, shut up and get reading! Hey, and poke around the website for a bit...we won't mind.

No comments: