Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Marc Cohn is a Name You've Never Heard


Am I right?

It may be that you have never heard the name Marc Cohn. He wrote a song by the name of "Walking in Memphis." Now you know him. Well you don't know him, but you know of him. Or perhaps just heard about him.

Anywhore.

What you need to do is purchase his self-titled album. If you like 70s singer songwriters (Elton John, Jackson Browne, etc.) you'll dig this guy. A very American sound with some deep roots. I encourage you to at least listen to the rest of this guys stuff. Don't you love when the supposed "one-hit wonders" end up having absolutely fantastic careers? (cough Hanson cough yes cough I said cough Hanson and yes cough I can back it up cough)

I'm going to The Long Winters show here in Seattle at UW tomorrow and will most likely write here about it. I'll say this much about The Long Winters: if there's any modern band doin' the pop/rock thang (yea, thAng) correctly, it's these guys.

1 comment:

Scott Nye said...

Wow, I was just talking about how great "Walking in Memphis" is...perhaps a trip to the store is...in store...