Saturday, December 9, 2006

I Did Not Know I Missed This...

Got back to Portland today...so happy to be done with the quarter and to move on from classes like psychology taught by Dr. Les Parrott. Buuuutttt....I found out something when I was driving home/at home.

I totally missed driving to music.

I think it is my favorite thing to do. Ever. I drove back from Beaverton tonight at like 1:30am just listening to Tom Waits' The Heart of a Saturday Night and figured out how much I took that for granted.

Interesting note: I was sitting at my desk on my last night talking to a friend and I witnessed a mouse climbing around in the tree outside my window. A mouse. Climbing a tree. Does that happen? More on this later...

1 comment:

Vickie Chambers said...

ok first of all. i'm just "a friend"?? thanks christopher. second of all. you are very much correct. i LOVE driving to music as well and found that i miss it so. luckily, i'm surrounded by people that like me, and have cars, and like to let me use their cars in exchange for picking up their drunk.. um.. bums. so, i have driven much more since i've been at school than i anticipated. driving was always my escape from the world, and the other day, when everything was going wrong, my friend Bethy let me use her car and i just drove for an hour or so, listening to music and letting the world fly by. it was amazing.


p.s. i come home in what is now less than a week. i cannot wait.