Thursday, December 28, 2006

A Late Merry Christmas and Update from Urbana 06

Greetings from St. Louis!

This week I’m attending Urbana International Missions Convention in St. Louis, Missouri. After red-eye flying from Portland last night, I’d have to say I’m doing a lot better than I thought I would be at this point. And while I can’t say I have anything interesting to say (or that it will be grammatically correct), I would like to write about the convention thus far and pretend like you care.

I never thought going as a “leader” would bring about sweet benefits like free books, magazines, videos, and other sources for absolutely no price, but then again I also can’t believe I’m in St. Louis’s St. Marks Hotel with a view of the Gateway Arch out my window for absolutely no price. Thank you Rolling Hills faithful!

The convention is pretty incredible. Full of wisdom and the excitement for this ambitious generation I am a part of (whether I like it or not). I’ve gotta say, the worship band led by Daryl Black is blowing me away every session. With a gospel-ethno beat and thick harmonies, the place gets rockin’.

Just attended a seminar on the history of Africa…very thick stuff that still needs digesting. “The Gift of the Poor in the North American Church” is the title of my next seminar and should probably leave for that about now. God is good.

P.S. I forgot about the Cardinals…already…am I still American?

P.P.S: Funniest Christian Shirt I’ve seen = Text across the chest of a woman’s tee: Jesus Own’s These. I think she thought it was funny too…but seriously.

1 comment:

Vickie Chambers said...

yes, you are still american- you just aren't from st. louis. or friends with anyone that is. i WISH i could forget about the cardinals, but it's impossible with my friends.