Sunday, February 18, 2007

That's What She Said!

I've been wanting to write about "That's What She Said Day" ever since the celebration on Thursday. First of all, if you know who invented it, please let me know because I will find him and give him a firm handshake. He deserves more than that but I'm afraid that's really all I can offer with complete confidence.

On Thursday, February 15th 2007, we as a community of Americans celebrated "That's What She Said Day" or TWSSD. On this day, it is your duty as a male to comeback with "That's what she said!" to anything that requires some sort of verbal response, regardless of context of sensibility. For example:

Victim: I'm so exhausted
Perpetrator: That's what she said!

This day was perfectly selected to be celebrated on the day after Valentine's Day - so the impact would be much more satisfying to the male gender. However, while that example somewhat made sense, I'd like to share with you my first "hit" of TWSSD:

I was walking to the bathroom after I arose from my slumber to go take a shower. In one of the shower stalls was our ultra-tight-bathroom-cleaner-dude Michael. Michael was working hard and I didn't want to disturb him. I approached and asked him a simple question:

"Hey what stall would you like me to use?"
"Oh, anyone is fine, whichever makes you happy," he replied.

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID. Boo yah, and my first hit was complete. While Michael was incredibly confused and not entirely sure what I had said, I knew in my heart I had won him over.

A couple notable capitalization's that occurred throughout my day:

"Chris Nye, you know you need a workout right now"
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

"How could you follow that up?"
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

"I left that ish on your bed"
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

"The mustard looks weird"
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

Oh Yeah. That IS what she said.

Happy February

No comments: