Sunday, February 4, 2007

Cheap Thrills

I was sitting outside of Cupcake Royale reading this really crappy book when I heard drunken hollering about thirty yards to my left (yes, I just used yards as a means of measurement, and yes thats because it's Super Bowl Sunday today). The drunken hollering came from two somewhat overweight men that were hobbling on Market street. I began to pay attention as they looked up at the marquee of the theater that was right beside me.

"Pan's Labyrinth dude, I wanna see Pan's Labyrinth," said the first.
"Panties Labyrinth man, I want to see Panties Labyrinth. I like panties," the other said as he trailed off
"Panties dude?"
"Yeah, I like panties a lot," he slobbered.

It was at this point in their in-depth conversation that they were crossing by me pretending to read my book.

"This guy likes panties man watch out!" The one said to me. The other responded eloquently, "I do man, ain't no crime..." I looked up and gave a smile.

Holding in my laughter was the most difficult part of tonight, and probably the best part as well.

This is called cheap thrills children.

No comments: