Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Most Fun We've Ever Had

The callbox rings and we're both surprised.

"You expecting someone?" I ask John from the kitchen. I was doing the damn dishes again and was pissed.

"No man." He says this just sitting on his ass. The guy just sits on his computer "punching his hours" for the church as a graphic designer. My foot. I should ask him to buzz them up to see who it is. This hasn't happened yet but it's probably Suz or Ali.

"Just get the door man they'll be up in a minute," I say from the kitchen over the sound of the water.

"Alight alright."

John opens the door and to his dismay finds a barrel sitting in the ground outside of our place. He observes it quietly as to make sure nothing shifty were to happen.

"Who is it man?" I say curiously.

"It's a package," replies John carefully. "Or, a barrel," he says to himself.

"What? Just open it man it could be those Beanie Babies I got off eBay."

"Alright. I think I need some type of tool to open this thing man."

"Grab the crow bar. It's right there." I'm still saying all this from the kitchen, not expecting this to be any sort of huge deal. I have to knock out these dishes in order to get my homework done tonight. I continue to scrub and dry the large pans used for breakfast.

"CHRIS...." John says slowly but loudly. Before I can get a word in I hear animal noises. It must be...monkeys? It sounds like...

"IT'S A BARREL OF MONKEYS!!!"

As I round the corner with intensity and adrenaline, I see John playing with three primates while about four others begin making their way through the foyer and into the living room. I have no control over them as they begin throwing things in my living room at each other and on the floor. Their shrieks become hilarious and my laughter becomes uncontrollable. John's smile meets mine and we ensue in having the most fun we're ever had with that barrel of monkeys. So thanks to whoever brought that our way.

No comments: