Sunday, December 30, 2007

Propaganda, or I really try not to do this...


I am not the film fan of my family or my group of close friends, but I was chatting with some people who are and realized there are some solid films out right now. I saw a midnight showing last night of Paul Thomas Anderson's There Will Be Blood and am under the realization that it is my duty as one of the privileged who saw it to tell you that you must see that movie. It comes to Cinema 21 in Portland on January 11th and it is worth your allowance.

The other movie I thought I could bring up was Juno. If you just never got the balls to ask her out this is just a cute date movie. And the bonus is you can take her out afterwards and talk about the repercussions of premarital sex!

I'm about to see Charlie Wilson's War and will just go ahead and recommend that to you.

But seriously, art has a big affect on me, but mainly in song or the written word. It has been a very long time since I have been so entertained and moved by a motion picture like I was sitting in that midnight sneaker of There Will Be Blood. It was just so solid.

Saw it with a steller group too.

So, you know, go see stuff, be entertained, think about it, talk about it. You live in the 21st century America! Act like it! Yea! Totally! Do it! America! Newsies jumping!

1 comment:

Vickie Chambers said...

Juno was my favorite of the year. I laughed harder than anything else i've seen lately, and it had a good point at the end.