Thursday, May 22, 2008

Where I'm Going, I Just May Not Come Back

Tomorrow I leave for Seattle with Johnny Boy to meet our great bro Seany Boy. We'll be attending Sasquatch Music Festival in George, Washington. Needless to say, if you check out the link, you'll know I'm...for lack of a better term, excited.

I recognize the fact that I haven't had any observant, pithy anecdote to tickle your funny bone and that shames me. My hope is that hanging out at Sasquatch would provide me with a multitude of anomalous and witty stories.

I hate cloudy days in the suburbs...I normally don't mind working out here, but today I just want to go home. Why do I love the city so much? Or maybe I just hate the suburbs. Why do I even care?

Well, it's going to be nice to get away from all of it and fall face first into whatever Sasquatch holds. I've found that taking total advantage of my days off by leaving entirely is quite successful. Whenever I'm home I find some excuse to get the loads of work that is always lurking over me in some fashion. When I leave the laptop and books and documents and people behind, I have really one option: chill. So Sasquatch will accomplish that immensely. I've only heard stories, and as long as the guy behind me isn't singing along to "What's the Frequency Kenneth?" toward the back of my hair, I'll make it a good time.

Another bonus of the trip is seeing this one girl while picking up Seany Boy in Seattle.

No comments: