Sunday, June 1, 2008

As Long As We're Being Honest Here


I have this constant fear that one day, when I am least expecting it, I will be hit by a Prius. Those things are so freaking quiet. In the city, there's always noise coming from some construction site or some hooker. I just know I'll be turning the corner and the soft, high-pitched whisper of the Prius will be the last sound I hear before the doctor is asking me my name.

***

Why "doctor," Chris? Wouldn't this cute factoid about yourself be more satisfying to the reader had you died at the summation of the narrative?

No, pretentious snob, because I'm a realist and a Prius could never kill a man, DUH...not even one of my size thank you very much.

1 comment:

Michael W. said...

I got hit by a Prius in Seattle. No joke. I was crossing the street (legally) and they didn't see me and hit me.

*Note: by 'hit me' I mean that they got super close (a few inches) to me so I decided to pound their hood with my first and give them a dirty look.