Thursday, August 28, 2008

Some [Un]Important Notes

What am I going to do when I come home from work now that the never-aging Bob Costas has stopped complaining about China on NBC? He brilliantly weaved his disdain for being there with the victory of the USA in those games. I miss it all.

But I had the Democratic National Convention to laugh at this week. Politicians are so fun to watch at times. They are almost as funny as the commentators. Quick note: Is it not crass to compare Barack Obama to John Kennedy, Abraham Lincoln, and Henry V...? Seems a bit morbid, but those are not my comparisons, talk to Al Gore and Chris Matthews about that.


Also, does anyone see McCain making a great ventriloquist (OMG I spelled that word correctly on my first try!) and Biden sitting on his lap as the puppet?

Better ticket huh? The campaign stops would be a hit.

I also need to tell you that the people who put all their hope and aspiration for greatness into one politician are just stupid. Ok, that was harsh, but they're just searching. And it's so plain in this arena I guess. The race is just about the best of two crap shoots in my opinion.

I hit a bird today...with my car...that has never happened to me before.

I think it was a crow.

Frightening.

3 comments:

Scott Nye said...

What choice does one really have though? As long as there are a whopping two candidates to choose from to try to pick up the remains of the last eight years (and it is very telling that Newsweek's cover story last week was "What Bush Got Right"), folks gotta put their hope somewhere. And looking to McCain will just be a long gaze into nothingness. So maybe it is the lesser of the two evils, but if Obama enacts half of the major changes he's promising (and I think it'll be a push to get even there), he's a guy worth putting your stock into.

An idea that scares me even more is the thought of someone putting all their hope and aspiration for greatness into a guy who chooses someone like Sarah Palin as the leader-in-waiting. If McCain wins, he has a possible eight years ahead of him, at the end of which he'd be 80. When that's the case, you want to have someone reeeeeaaaalllly good on tap, not someone this problematic.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/156258

The only thing that keeps me from becoming really, truly angry about this is that, short of Obama dropping out of the race, McCain has almost no chance of winning.

Robert T. Straton said...

not sure how anyone could ever stretch a comparison between lincoln and obama. honestly. i'd love to converse with you about that if you're interested, but i refuse to rant in a comment on a blog.

also, i totally agree that putting all our faith into any one man that is NOT Jesus Christ is not a very solid choice. all men fail, and all need Christ. amen to you brother.

Unknown said...

Dude I totally agree that Biden would make a good puppet. That's hilarious. I laughed my ass off when I read that.