Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Reminder That Jesus Lives

This is an email I got to write to my whole staff at Rolling Hills. A lot of my life is watching God work, this time it was obvious. Enjoy...

Got to witness a miracle in the life of a member of our church, Mike Hargett. Here’s the skinny.

Big Mike was recovering from surgery this past week when some combination of medicines was not working. He became very nauseous and weak Sunday morning and his Mom (LouAnne) had to call 911 for her son.

I met them at the ER and things were not looking good for a little bit. I prayed multiple times but things were getting worse. He ended up staying over night at the hospital Sunday and Monday night. I went in on Monday and things were down but he was stabilized.

On Tuesday, I was in a meeting when Lou Anne called me saying things were getting worse. His liver was showing signs of failure. The doc’s were puzzled and began trying tons more options.

I rushed over and brought my buddy and brother in the Lord Alex Landers.

We prayed over his bed for a while, asking God for healing.

I just got a call from Mike himself who wanted you all to know that the doctors can’t explain why, but his whole body is at 100% functionality and he can go home to continue to recover from his surgery. He was in high spirits and thanking God.

Mike is a new believer, and I’ve witnessed his growth in faith through discipleship and community. This was huge and I just thought I should share that with you guys in order to spur you on in the Spirit, and for you to know the grave is still empty and God answers prayer.

I love you all, keep praying.

Chris Nye

No comments: