Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Frisbee is Missing

I visited my friend Alex in Bellingham, Washington this past weekend. Along with the Alex and I were my good friend Mitch and my other friend Brittany. We were all out late playing frisbee at about 1am or so when we began taking pictures of Alex running on walls.

This is interesting because if you take a picture of someone doing the "Matrix-esque" wall run correctly, it looks a lot like they are casually walking on a wall. This is also funny.

We were laughing and taking other strange pictures when all of a sudden Alex addressed the group:

"Hey, who has the frisbee?"

We all looked at ourselves, and then at each other. Alex's eyes were saucers. Mitch immediately began the full force sprint in the direction we had come from, Mr. Ward followed close behind. Brittany sort of jogged for a bit and then realized I had no intention of picking up my pace, so stayed behind.

Brittany and I approached the gentlemen expecting one of them to be sporting a frisbee (pun both intended and included - bitch - frisbee is a sport). They were both, however, still looking.

"Where is it?" I asked
"Not here," Mitch said.

Obviously. We retraced our footsteps, all having the same memory of where we last had seen it. We all remembered Alex doing a sweet-ass trick with the frizz while we played the "Snap" game across Red Square. We scanned the area from where we last remembered it to where Alex asked which one of us had the frisbee.

"What the hell?" said Alex, "I loved that frisbee." I offered the suggestion that perhaps one of us laid it down and continued to walk, and in the meantime, some loser-face found it and picked it up.

"Horseshit!" he said. Okay, bad idea...maybe he'll go for the idea about the ghost. After successfully freaking each other out and bothering a security guard we decided to head back, accepting that if we left it out in the open on a college campus for more than five minutes, someone took it. Even if it was about one in the morning. We walked back to Alex's room in a collective sadness.

And then I found five dollars.

1 comment:

Vickie Chambers said...

and then i found five dollars. perfect.

love you.