Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Change in Current


My new job at Rolling Hills Community Church has shifted almost everything about my life. I have totally enjoyed getting paid for the type of work I do. Working with students and kids my age wrestle with the question of faith is one of the most exciting things possible. It is real and more rewarding that I think it should be.

It has come to my attention, however, that my creativity has taken a new outlet. My job requires much musing over ministry strategies, sermon topics and execution, as well as positive ways to serve the city of Portland and surrounding communities at large. I have met powerful people and incredible leaders, but have seen a lack of substance in my previous creative outlets. I have not written many songs over the last couple months, I haven't blogged about anything funny or odd, and I haven't been reading the same type of literature I read before.

I haven't really come to the conclusion of whether or not this bothers me, as it will probably take some time to sort out. I will say that when you truly offer all your gifts to God, including your mind, things sort of look different. Luckily, I have been content with what has come of this new channelling of creative juices and perhaps this blog will see some reports of what has been happening at Rolling Hills and the church at large.

I don't know.

But I really don't want to become another one of those blogging ministers...although it most likely is my fate.

No comments: