Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Gravity is the Earth's Heavyweight Champion of the World

Last Thursday, I posted from my phone that I saw a guy get his tie stuck in his car door (see below). Not 10 minutes later, whilst on the streetcar (correct usage of "whilst"), I saw this woman leaning against the door of the streetcar. Just so you know, the streetcar door opens like an elevator: two glass pieces separate to allow riders in and out of the car. Well, this genius was LEANING AGAINST IT. I kept looking at her in total bewilderment. Really? Doesn't she know that the streetcar door shows no mercy? There's no way she doesn't know, she'll move for su-

And then it happened. All so fast, before I could warn her or even think about warning her. The doors opened and the woman, her purse, and book fell to the dominating and consistent force of gravity. The two glass pieces separated and she fell backwards out of the streetcar and on to street. As the doors opened she realized her mistake, but it was far too late. Her fall was as you might expect; she took about three steps backwards, but couldn't keep up with Mother Nature's Magnet and fell on her back flailing her arms in the air.

As people rushed to her aid all I could hear her say was, "That was so stupid, I am so stupid," and all I could think was, I totally agree.

No comments: