Monday, July 13, 2009

Something You Should Know

A lot of people who read this blog have no idea what I do. I'm sure there are plenty of assumptions, both true and false. And while some aspects of my work as a pastor are tough and not exactly "fun," my job is truly a blessing and I love it.

I think I love it so much because I have a lot of freedom at Rolling Hills and I do take advantage of that. I would like for you to take a look at this video, because it'll give you a picture of what I'm involved in on the ground level (instead of all that pie in the sky spirituality that I often blog about). The people in this video are people I both know very well and care deeply for, they are people who work along side me in trying to find God's Kingdom on earth. The video is worth your time.



Transitional Youth in a not-for-profit organization which works to help the street youth of Portland, who are not just lacking food as I have found out, but lacking true, deep relationships. If this video stirs you in any way, definitely leave me a comment or send me an email about getting involved.

chris.nye@rollinghills.org
www.transitionalyouth.org

No comments: