Friday, September 3, 2010

God Don't Need No Camp

If you're unfamiliar with current evangelical church ministry, let me bring you in for a second.

For the most part, a youth ministry's great crescendo is summer camp. We work all year to disciple and build up students, but we get a huge surge of energy and momentum when we all go to camp. Camp is just awesome and things really happen there. In fact, it's normal that the most movement we see in students' lives happens over our time at summer camp.

Because of our change in leadership at Willamette Christian Church's high school ministry, we ended up not going to camp. A huge bummer. I was getting married and wasn't really in full leadership capacity when planning needed to happen. It sucked.

But what has been refreshing about this summer, is that I learned that God can move when he wants. He doesn't need a camp. In fact, he doesn't even need any person in particular.

During this summer, I have been continually amazed at what this God has done. I know many of you who read this blog do not know this God personally or closely, and so my desire in this post is to point you over to our ministry's blog to show you that God does change lives and renew communities and families.

If you so desire, take the time to look over here at what my God has done amidst his kids this summer. Without camp.

No comments: