Sunday, November 28, 2010

Out of All the Thanksgiving Articles, How Did Canzano Put It Best?

Most local papers are flooded with two things over the Thanksgiving break: stories/profiles about being thankful and stories/profiles about buying stuff in excess.

The guy I didn't expect to tug at the heart strings was John Canzano, the Bald Face Truth himself. I listen to his radio program a lot only to find myself disagreeing with much that he has to say. I have, for the most part however, really enjoyed his thoughts on Ducks football. I find that a lot of people love to hate him, so doesn't that make the guy a perfect local celeb? His columns are read and his show is listened to seemingly by people who largely disagree with him. It's pretty awesome. I suppose it makes for some good radio now and again.

But his Thanksgiving obiturary honoring Dr. Herb Marshack, a great and long-lived Duck football fan, was awesome. For some reason, Canzano's dry and pointed style worked really well in honoring this guy I had never heard of until this weekend. It's a short article and I really suggest you read it. Thanks Canzano.

Also, Go Ducks.

No comments: