Monday, April 2, 2007

April Fools

I approached her slowly, because I was so nervous. You would be too, so don't get all righteous about it. This situation was as tense as a trip to the bathroom that lasts longer than 12 minutes.
"Excuse me, Ma'am?" I say with caution.
"Yes?" she replies calmly. Oh man she's kindhearted, gentle. I wouldn't slap this woman for a million bucks...well, maybe a million, but still, she's freaking kindhearted; I can tell by her eyes.
"Do you own a black Labrador?"
"I do, yes."
"Oh, wow...um....shoot. I, um,...I...hit it with my truck..."
"Oh God!"
"Yeah, it was crossing Borland and I was changing my iPod from this soft India Arie song to something more appropriate for the weather conditions and my mood when I totally rammed into your dog...I'm so... sorry..."
"Oh no! She's dead?! She can't be! No! No!"
"Yeah, and...um, well, after I hit it, my adrenaline was pumping at full and I wanted to destroy any possible evidence...so..."
"So what?!"
"Well."
"?"
"I ate her."
"You...ate....her?!"
"Did I stutter? I ate your Labrador! I'm sorry, my bodily instincts took over, believe me I didn't like it, I felt like an animal!...I mean, I can't even believe that I actually did it...it was so intense...I...I don't know what to say..."
She started crying deeply, her hurt was in her chest, the woman was weeping. Pull the plug this has gone way too far.
"April Fools!"
"What?"
"April Fools! It's April 1st, and I didn't eat your dog ma'am....haha, oh wow that was a hoot!"
"Oh tha---"
"But I did hit it with my truck."
"-"
"It's dead. But at least I didn't eat her huh? Huh? Yeah? Yeah, at least I didn’t eat her"

No comments: