Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Great Debate

While he may get a good amount of hate mail...or I guess it's hate-tweets now, but Matt Davis posted a bold blog over at the Mercury about the future of Journalism in Portland and the weekly papers. He's an ace and has a great pulse on the city. Not sure exactly how I feel about all of it, but certainly worth reading if you live the weekly papers and the journalism that's coming out of Portland. I haven't read the Jaquiss article he critiques, but plan to tomorrow morning. I'm a tad busy moving.

Ultimately though, with all the huff and puff over journalism in the future, I'm excited to be in Portland specifically during this time. I'm not sure why, but I just like what's happening in this city right now between the transportation issues, population growth, and the ever-exciting music scene which seems to always be in "the good times."

Rose City 'till I die.

No comments: