Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Hey, Look Alive!

Right before my dad would throw something really heavy at me, he would always yell, "Look alive!" really quickly. Often it would be a large tool like a wrench or a hammer, but other times it would be a surprising object of large size and/or volume like a gallon of milk or a computer monitor.

I now say this to you because I'm throwing this at you:

www.therearguard.org
That'll link you to the monthly alternative paper that is produced independently but on the campus of Portland State University. Just a couple of weeks ago I landed a job as a staff writer, about two or three articles a month. They publish online, but it would be better if you are on campus to pick up a hard copy and feel that newspaper in your hand while it lasts.

Needless to say, I'm excited to finally be getting published in some format, but more so, am excited to be on a staff that forces me to be involved with what they heck's happening in Portland and around the world. The people are awesome.

Be looking forward to my first two articles: one of my experience in China, and a feature regarding teen homelessness in the Portland area.

I'll still be blogging, but maybe less. I won't post any articles here, but maybe just links to the Rearguard site when my pieces are up.

Look alive!

No comments: