Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Ministry in 2010

On New Year's Day of 2010, I had no idea what I was going to do with my life, but I knew God had confirmed in me to continue pastoring. While I had no job, I certainly still had a calling. About mid-way through January of this year, I was blessed to come on staff part time at Willamette Christian Church as a youth intern. I basically helped the ships sail for the middle school and high school kids. It was a wild time and both ministries began to grow quite rapidly. We leaders just locked arms and charged forward to love these students and teach them the timeless ways of following Jesus.

I sit now in my office at Willamette in a full-time position and thinking about all God has done. I feel extremely blessed to be a part of God's movement at Willamette. Not only has our youth ministries grown both numerically and spiritually, but the whole church has seen awesome and good growth: new believers, baptisms, and servers. God has certainly done something this year.

I'd like to share this link to my post about all that God did in 2010 and my feelings toward it, so click here if you like. I'll give an excerpt to whet the palette:
"The truth is, I resonate a lot with Psalm 40:5 when the poet says, “You have multiplied, O Lord my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us…yet they are more than can be told.” We have seen such blessing from God this year that I’ll bet we could write a good book about it... When I started ministering that week one year ago, it might be strange for you to know that I actually did expect God to do all of the things he ended up doing. Perhaps normally you’ll hear someone say, “I never thought God would do this,” but that was not the case. I came in with high expectations from God, believing him to grow the ministry numerically and spiritually. And He did it."
 Let's do this 2011...

No comments: